Monday 19 September 2016

L'Opera of Brompton, London

L'Opera of Brompton

241 Brompton Road, Knightsbridge, London






I just went recently there for coffee and cake (or tea and cake rather). It is an elegant, spacious and affordable venue and was perfect for the occasion. The staff were very courteous and friendly. The décor is lovely. We ordered the red velvet cake and lotus cake. The lotus cake was lovely but the red velvet cake was very disappointing. The icing was very heavy (it should be light with a delicate flavour). However, it tasted strongly of cheese. The cake itself was ok - not great.
However, I have to say the other cakes, baklawas and savoury food did look very yummy and I will go again to try! The decor really is quite lovely. I love the shabby chic look, the portraits on the ceiling and the French-type furniture. It is a bloggers' heaven!
I will definitely go back!




No comments:

Post a Comment