Tuesday 11 October 2016

The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern

The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern
Rating: 5 out of 5


I have rarely read such captivating and magical books and in the spirit of Halloween, I thought rightly that this will be a good read. I didn't want it to end. It is beautifully written with such vivid imagination and the soul of a romantic. Perfect Halloween story.

The story is really about two magicians who pit their students against each other to demonstrate who has the better method for teaching magic. The game takes years to complete and only one can survive.  Le Cirque des Reves (The Circus of Dreams) becomes the arena of the game and the two opponents, Celia and Marco play against each other without knowing the rules or who their opponent is. However, it's not the plot, it's all about the tale and how it's told. You get attached to the personalities, to  the circus, to Chandresh's midnight dinners...The author's imagination knows no bounds within this circus and you fly away with her to this magical place. I loved the ice garden and the wishing tree and now I really want to go to a circus!  She really transports you to the world of the circus and its revuers (reviewers / ardent fans)

I think I fell in love with Marco while reading this book. I mean who wouldn't? a dashing handsome illusionist who is such a romantic! Sigh! 
I highly recommend this book.   You can really let your imagination run wild and finishing the book feels like being thumped back on earth!

No comments:

Post a Comment