165 grams plain flour
65 grams unsweetened cocoa powder
1 ½ teaspoons bicarbonate of soda
½ teaspoon salt
113 grams unsalted butter, softened
200 grams light brown sugar
1 large egg
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
250ml skimmed fat milk
1. Preheat oven to 180C.
2. Line an oven tray with foil and grease it
3. Sift together the flour, cocoa, bicarb and salt in a bowl and set aside.
4.In a mixer beat together the butter and sugar until light and creamy in texture.
5. Add the egg and vanilla and beat until the mixture thickens
6. Add one third of the flour mix and fold in, then add half of the milk, fold in, another third of the flour, last bit of milk, then last bit of flour - always fold don't mix
7. Bake for 12-15 min. Take out while still soft so u can cut them in shapes with biscuit cutter.
8. Decorate and serve!